Pages

22 June 2015

In the Neighborhood ... Chateâu De Sassy

 This past weekend we had some dear friends visiting and we took part of our Father's Day afternoon to drive to one of our favorite places, just about 15 minutes away ...

... the view from Chateâu de Sassy.

The house and grounds are privately owned, and I believe, still inhabited. Tours of the interior are available.

 But we just love the exterior. The utterly breathtaking gardens are free to enjoy (as far as I know!!) and whenever we have come ... we have been the only visitors, leaving us to feel like Lords and Ladies of the manor.

I think we've been four times and I'd like to come back a couple more times before our move. Maybe even bring a board game and a picnic lunch?  Everything here is all that you could possible dream French countryside to be.
 You can almost imagine pulling in your carriage to the back stables and running inside, as if you owned the place.
And that view. That view. To behold a sight that would have looked exactly the same to any other visitor two or even three hundred years ago. Our friends said they enjoyed it even more than Versailles. It's just so peaceful, approachable and inspiring.

Do you prefer countryside or city views? Does this country estate surprise you at all?

6 comments:

  1. It's almost like I'm there! Wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I thought this was going to be a tongue-in-cheek post! Chateau de Sassy, indeed. And lo! It's a real place. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I'm so used to the name now, I didn't think about it. Something like, "Its time to get Sassy!)

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful place! You take lovely pictures. I enjoy both city and country views - but this one can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous. I can see why you keep going back.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete