Pages

12 August 2014

To Arrive in France

 And we are here! If you rent a furnished house, this is what luggage for 5 people for 2 years in France looks like! I don't know if it looks like a lot or a little, but we were definitely the American hillbillies in Paris.

After a whirlwind tour of New York (more on that later), we survived a trip from NY to Reykjavik, Iceland and then on through to Paris. May I just say for a moment that IcelandAir is one of the most pleasant airlines I've flown? I dearly hope we can fly again and actually stay for a visit.

Our pre-arranged taxi picked us up at the airport promptly and took us directly to our darling little apartment in the 11th arrondissement. We have only explored a small bit, but there is something interesting at every turn.
 


 Our host, Guillaume, was waiting for us for our early morning  check-in. He thoughtfully purchased groceries for us, so we had eggs, milk, yogurt, bread, coffee and juice waiting for us. Small kindnesses like these have been very bolstering. 

Our main goal for today is to "stay awake!" Mostly resting in the apartment and trying to wrap our brains around this adventure that is in full swing. 


And finally, this is my "keeping it real" photo snapped by Jane in the Iceland airport. She laughed and told me my mouth looked like a sandwich. I don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure she was just as delirious as I was.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! I was SO hoping there would be just one picture of you all there and happy and in one piece! So excited for you all! Love the Keepin' it Real pic! And what a sweet gesture from your host! So kind! I expect this to be just the first of many little blessings from God along the way! Love you all so much! - Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I have been desperate for a post and photos!!!!! You look adorable with your sandwich smile. I miss you already! And what is it about the language- even the regular brands look way more appealing and healthier when the labels are in French, or is that just me? The little apartment is so cute! xoxo! aaugh, I cannot BELIEVE you are in France! Yay/Waa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for your post and know you are safe and continuing your adventure! I love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled to see this post! What an adventure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspiration of watching a dream come true! <3 Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go you sweet nest-ers! You've been in my prayers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm glad you made it there safely. Praying for a smooth transition and easy time getting over jet lag.

    ReplyDelete