Pages

13 March 2014

A Wink and A Smile

This last year I have endeavored to take on a less-is-more mentality. The purging has become rather addictive. So freeing to have less stuff to not only clutter my home but also the recesses of my already cramped mind.

The natural by-product of this outlook is to be purposeful in what I buy and bring into our home. This is a more challenging discipline, I confess, but necessary and worthy nonetheless. But what is lovely, I'm finding, is satisfying my "I'd like something new" desire with temporal items. 

This week we've spruced up the dreary, bedraggled pots and planters that haven't already been tossed in the bin. The happy, budget-friendly violets that have found new homes on our front porch and back patio feel like a little wink and a smile every time I see them. I can't think of one thing in my garage rafters that has the same effect ...

No comments:

Post a Comment