Pages

18 April 2012

I Need a Smile and a Hand-Pat

A primrose that looks like a geranium in a happy coral-pink that seems to be thriving in an old pot on my hearth? Yes, please! Best three dollars I've spent in a while. It's been a lovely splash of cheer to punctuate my rather jumbled and chaotic days of late.

My mind has been a muddle of things to do. Must get international driver's license, must make baked chicken for dinner, must fold rumpled pile of laundry, must help with school project on Alaska's natural resources, must find decent walking shoes that aren't too granny-looking, must scrub bathroom sink that is disturbingly pink around the drain-stopper ... Blaaak!

I'm a bit of a nut-case lately, in truth. In fact, all I really seem to be accomplishing is fretting and blitzing about appearing to be getting things done.

Please smile at me, pat my hand and tell me I'm not the only one who gets like this...

6 comments:

  1. You are most definitely not alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, pat. I so get it, my friend, and blogged about it today, too, as a matter of fact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we should all smile and pat each other's hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that third comment!!! Make your list and relax- you are so organized, you truly are- all will get done and you will be flying away soon for your adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, I'm quite sure I would be in the same state if I was getting ready for a European trip! You were smart to buy flowers for yourself.

    When you find the nice walking shoes, do share, please!


    When I'm stressed, I treat myself as if I am a little fragile elderly aunt. I talk soothingly to the elderly aunt and coax her to a take a break and tell her how much I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you, although not because of a glamorous, upcoming European adventure!! You will get it all done. I'm like you...I have my little notebook and I write my lists. And then I smile when I check them off!!

    Loved our coffee time the other day!

    ReplyDelete