Pages

11 February 2011

Handmade Love Day

 I love Valentine's Day. It's a gimmicky holiday, I know, but it just feels so sweet and good. Isn't giving and getting a Valentine so joyful? 

Jane had Valentine cards on her list of things to do and we decided to make a painting craft out of it.



I'm not sure where I spotted this idea online, but I thought it was charming. I penciled in a grid on an index card, mixed up some valentine colors, and Jane filled all the little squares in with paint.

Once she was finished and the paint was thoroughly dry, I scanned the card and printed them up on some white card stock.

All that was left was to sign her name on the bottom of her artwork and stuff them in a little cellophane bag with a chocolate.

If you ask me, nothing says "I love you" like handmade.