Pages

12 May 2010

To Rejoice in His Blessing

I've been floating through the day today on the good news of dear, dear friends. After an agonizing wait full of delay, after delay ... they have been approved for travel to Ethiopia to go and bring their son home.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.
Ephesians 1:3-6

4 comments:

  1. So glad everything is working out. Adoptions can be so emotionally taxing. I have dear friends who just found out that the little Ukranian girl they were going to adopt in August (the biological sister of one of their adopted sons) was just adopted out from under them by a Ukranian couple. They are dealing with a lot of heartbreak right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, great news!

    And...I SO want swings and dresses and piggytails in my backyard right now!! Seriously- they are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such good news! I remember that blessed, happy day when dear friends called to say they finally had the green light to travel to Peru for their daughter. Yes, the feeling is akin to floating!

    I love the photo... I've been thinking a lot about my own little girlhood today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the picture. I can even hear them talking about what they had for dinner and who would be playing with whom.

    It is so fun to share our joy with you dear friend who has so closely shared my disappointments and agonizing tears. You are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete