Pages

04 March 2010

An Evening Surprise

The other day, Jane helped me make pudding for dessert. A most special treat, since dessert is typically not served on a weeknight.

We made a chocolate and vanilla batch and were quite pleased with our dual swirl in the cups and the dash of nutmeg on top. Into the refrigerator with much hand clapping and excitement.

The children raced through their evening meal that night and happily received their cups of creamy goodness. In the spoons plunged with smiles abounding.

But then, there was a quiet yet abrupt pause in the moment. While Pops and I attacked our pudding cups with great industriousness, the child spoons slowed, their smiles turning quizzical.

Turns out, none of my children like pudding. Say what??

7 comments:

  1. That is too funny. How fortunate for you and Pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it! And what beautiful pudding... I don't think I've ever seen it that way. A yin and a yang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More for you and Pops! I love your the teacup presentation, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so very yummy! Time will change tastes 'eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that looks delish! ...and a great idea to make pudding a bit more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny! And love those cups ;)

    ReplyDelete