Pages

22 February 2010

Pinecone Launching is Normal

We had a pre-birthday celebration this weekend for family and Pops figured we needed some outdoor entertainment. Enter PVC pipe, duct tape, empty water jugs, and pinecones.

Shove a pinecone in the pipe, poke it all the way down with a stick, aim, and stomp hard on that attached empty water jug.

Don't forget the safety goggles and a good measure of serious concentration!

Blow up the deflated water jug and you are set for another launch.

Amidst all of the mayhem I turned to my brother and sister-in-law and mentioned, "You know, it's going to be a good decade or more until they realize this isn't normal birthday entertainment."

Yes, we do veer towards the odd end of the "normal" spectrum, but we sure know how to have a good time.

4 comments:

  1. These type of activities are just what the most memorable birthdays are made of! Abnormal (or not!) looks like you guys had tons of fun. I can think of three other guys who would've loved to have joined you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I sounds fun and something I need to try!! Looks like a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I'm wondering if it would amuse our youth group kids....

    ReplyDelete