Pages

16 December 2009

Imagination at Hand

Lucette has a marvelous art teacher. Such a variety of mediums and genres she introduces. Yesterday, my new favorite was sent home. They had studied one of my most favorite children's books of all time, Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden.

They dove into the magical world of Mary, Colin, and Dickon and imagined their way onto the page with pencil sketches, ink outlines, and vibrant water colors.

Lucette, seen here as she was dashing out the door this morning, has a fancy imagination.

When I slow down a bit, I am right there with her. Because really. Don't you just wish you could live in her painting? I think the tree looks like a perfectly splendid home.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!! Her painting makes me want to move in! I'd snuggle into that tree with a cup of tea! This would be me new fav, too! Lucette is beautiful. Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we could all have such a place for dreaming! Her garden path is dreamy, as are her eyes.

    ReplyDelete