Pages

20 December 2009

Favorite Things

A lovely Christmas visit with family today, culminating in a gigantic Hungarian meal. When I say gigantic, I mean virtually three hours of continual eating. We may not be Hungarian, but we certainly felt the international kinship experienced through insanely large portions of delicious food. Gigi treated us to the feast with her typical grace and flair and we all showed our appreciation by stuffing ourselves silly.

And since I had never had it, I ordered the "Schnitzel with Noodles," because we all know it's right up there with brown paper packages tied up with string.

Yes, the day was indeed filled with favorite things.

3 comments:

  1. I've never had that either- how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good! I actually liked the noodles even more than the schnitzel. Almost like dumplings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you had to quote the Sound of Music, my favorite musical!! Ugh! I truly am glad you enjoyed your meal, but no more Julie Andrews... please!! I will be forced to blog about country music lyrics! I love you!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete