Pages

12 July 2009

We are Here!

We arrived in Honduras with no major issues. Praise God! My brain is too weary to write a detailed report but here are my thoughts in brief:

-The nationals are so very happy we are here. They have been praying for us and our trip.
-Church service last night under blue tarp with one lightbulb dangling by cord was inspired. God´s church is truly His people, not the building.
-The children have sparkling eyes and ready smiles.
-Honduran bean quesidillas are absolutely fantastic.
-Riding in the jumpseat of the van up pot-holed hills is a hysterical event. I think my bum cleared 3 inches on some of the biggies.
-Vans stuck in craggy roads at night can be pushed out by 7 American men.
-Honduran dirt is as hard as concrete. Even with pickaxes.
-Duck, Duck, Goose (Pato, Pato, Gonzo) is fun for children of all nationalities.
-This is an adventure I am so glad to be experiencing.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I've been praying, and will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Your post made me smile. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, glad you are there safe!! I am praying... I can't wait to hear all about the awesome things the Lord does!!

    ReplyDelete