Pages

05 June 2009

The God of Abraham

This morning I was praying in earnest. I was asking God to forgive me for my impatience and lack of maturity in trusting His timing and provision for Peter and schooling. I had become so weary. But then I kept thinking about Abraham and Sarah, and how God wasn't less faithful for having them wait. It was part of His plan even when they didn't understand.

A couple of hours later, I was in car-line to pick up Lucette (from the last day of kindergarten at our local charter school) and the principal came over to tell me that Peter was in for next year. I had to pull over on the drive home. Praise God. That's all I can say about it! Praise God!

At this sweet, little school, history and science are a focal point to the curriculum. So when we got home and read through the scope and sequence for 3rd grade, Peter about passed out in sheer delight: Ancient Rome, Vikings, Early American Explorers, Light and Optics, Sound, Ecology, and Astronomy. He's been walking around with a faint and quiet smile all day.

Actually, me too.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy and excited for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, hooray! I am thrilled for Peter... and I'm thrilled for you because you experienced Him in a very real way today and because He granted a desire of your heart. He is such a faithful shepherd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We won't know every detail of God's plan but I'm thrilled for you because you believe that God's plan is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, and for giving Him the praise! Can you send me a link to your school? Curious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for him! And smiling for you. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete