Pages

11 February 2009

Sweet Nest Bread

4 c. whole wheat flour
3 c. unbleached white flour or white whole wheat
2 - 2.5 c. warm water
1.5 T. yeast
2 t. salt
.25 c. blue agave syrup (or honey)
.25 c. oil (I like expeller-pressed canola)

Toss into the mixer with a bread hook (or knead by hand) 'til soft and dough cleans bowl. Place in glass bowl w/ a touch more oil and turn to coat. Dampen dish towel and place over bowl and let rise 90 mins. in oven. (If cooler weather, place a dish of warm water on rack underneath.)

Divide in half, "roll" out with fist (much easier than a rolling-pin) on the damp towel. Roll up jelly-roll style, tuck ends under, place in greased bread pans. Rise again 30 mins. then bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

*I'll often use half for bread and the other half for dinner rolls or cinnamon rolls.
*Have fun tinkering with kinds of flour or tossing in extras, like chopped oats or even sprouts!
*I always use yeast right out of the freezer without any problems. Just keep in an airtight container, like a glass canning jar.
*If you grind your own grain, you can get away with using all whole wheat flour.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I wouldn't mind at all if you used my picture/linked to me. Thanks for asking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hannah. Those were some seriously good blondie brownies. After I come down from my sugar-high I'll have to post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy. I will have to give it a try! Thanks for the recipe.

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made this for my fam twice.They love it!

    Emma Crowley

    ReplyDelete
  5. and having it sent to you after every one of the facts have been worked out. Because of this Pet Birds

    ReplyDelete
  6. a huge amount of local puppy shops today, and actually fewer kinds that really carry birds. Because of this cockatoos for sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. and having it sent to you after every one of the facts have been worked out. Because of this Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remarkably today, more and more people are seeking chickens for sale. For several it is a hard task due to the proven fact that there aren parrots for sale

    ReplyDelete